Records received by the State of North Dakota from web sites are subject to
the same controls and uses as records collected by governmental offices
visited in person and are open to the public upon request unless otherwise
specifically provided by law. You should check with the specific agency you
are providing information to, to determine whether the information you
provide them will be held in confidence or must be released upon request by
a member of the public.
No personal information is collected by the North Dakota Geological Survey web site.
Log analysis tools are used to create summary statistics, used for
administering the performance of the web sites, diagnosis of problems and
determining which information is of most interest to the public. The
following information is collected for analysis only:
- User Client IP address of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" - the user-agent information
includes the type of browser, its version and the operating system of the client.
- HTTP header, "URI-Stem" - the resource or web page that was accessed.
- HTTP header, "URI-Query" - Search strings that the client was using.
- User Name - The user name from the requesting client when accessing subscription service pages.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to
- Method - The request method used.
- Time taken - The amount of time it took to complete the transaction.
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
Retention of Information:
The information collected on this site is retained in accordance with the
Record Retention Schedules developed by this office.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of
this site, or your dealings with this Web site, please contact us at:
North Dakota Geological Survey
600 E. Blvd. Ave. Dept. 405
Bismarck, ND 58505-0840